We’re using cookies as specified in our cookies policy to give you the best experience on our website.

Roll moulding

Large convex moulding, forming half (Half Round) to three-quarters of a circle, sometimes called Bowtell

Alternative(s): Bowtell

Back to all words

31 - Chamfers Stops and Mouldings

31 - Chamfers Stops and Mouldings

a) Chamfer b) Steep chamfer c) Hollow chamfer d) Scroll stop with notch e) Diagonal cut stop

f*) Draw or run-out stop g) Straight cut stop h*) Ovolo moulding

i) Step stop j) Scroll (cyma or ogee) stop k) Sunk (reserved) chamfer

l) Scroll stop with bar m) Pyramid or broach stop

n) Vase stop


i) Scroll or ogee (cyma recta) ii) Scroll or ogee (cyma reversa) iii) Double ogee iv) Hollow (Cavetto; on mullion) v) Ovolo vi) Quarter round vii) Hollow viii) Wave ix) Angle bead (Bowtell) x) Flush bead xi) Half round (Torus) xii) Plain roll xiii) Roll and fillet xiv) Pointed roll xv) Keeled roll xvi) and xvii) Bead mouldings on panels

My Favourites

You do not currently have any favourites.