We’re using cookies as specified in our cookies policy to give you the best experience on our website.

False tiebeam

Beam in an end bay of a continuously roofed building (usually a Wealden house) placed longitudinally in the centre of the bay, appearing to be the tiebeam of a cross-wing.

Alternative(s): Transverse tiebeam

Back to all words

My Favourites

You do not currently have any favourites.