We’re using cookies as specified in our cookies policy to give you the best experience on our website.

Mud and stud

Wall construction with a simple frame to which staves or battens are nailed as a base for a thick cladding of mud; traditional term in the East Midlands. In Cheshire and Lancashire the same construction is called raddle and daub or clam stave (clamstaff) and daub

Alternative(s): raddle and daub; clam stave; clamstaff

Back to all words

My Favourites

You do not currently have any favourites.